Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Project 2

Originally, I had wanted to do a flash poetry project, but flash was not easily accessible nor familiar to me, so that led me to settle on a program which I already owned: Key Note. For those of you unfamiliar with Key Note, it is basically Mac's version of Power Point. I had used Power Point before, but never Key Note so this was a new experience for me that involved much experimentation. The poem I chose is an original poem that I wrote a few weeks ago for my Advanced Poetry Writing class and inspired by a rainy day. It is my voice reading the poem in the first slide. I then deconstructed the poem in the following slides, taking each line and attaching images and sounds to them. The images and sounds I sourced from the internet. I converted the original file in Key Note to a quick time version that can be played as a movie. It is interactive in the sense that the audience must click through in order to move through the slides; it is also interactive because it involves more than one sense. In order for the reader to fully experience this work, he/she must use their reading capabilities as well as view the images, hear the sounds, click through the slides, and access the hyperlink.

The only instruction for this is to turn up your volume and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment