Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Project 1- Literary Hypertext

Building this hypertext project has been quite a journey! At first, I was intimidated by the immensity of what was laid before me which inhibited me from coming up with a starting point. Then, after talking it over with a classmate I had an inspiration and a concept for a story came to mind. From there I began to map out how I wanted the story to connect and interconnect. I made myself a compass of sorts and modeled the story off of that. This project is nowhere near finished although it is "due" today. I consider it an ongoing work, and as I learn more about this genre of Electronic Literature, and Electronic Literature in general, I hope to expand on it.

Abstract:
The Cabin is an interactive hypertext work of electronic literature inspired by a scene between three individuals stuck in a cabin together. Each character's story is intertwined with the others'. As you navigate through this work, you may get lost, as the characters in the story are lost in the woods. Luckily they have found the cabin, which is both your starting point and their present state. The Cabin takes you through Alexia, Beiron, and Code's stories. You can experience each character's story from their own perspective, as well as through the perspective of the narrator.


Experience The Cabin here

Suggestions:
As you go through the story, freely explore and don't be afraid to get a little lost. You have your compass (the site map) to guide you, and you can always get back to the cabin (the homepage).

The Lexia:
This hypertext work consists of 33 pages of lexia (some of which are still unfinished). They are as follows-
AC1

AC2

AC3

Alexia1

Alexia2

Alexia3

Alexia4

Alexia&Code

BC1

BC2

BC3

Beiron1

Beiron2

Beiron3

Beiron4

Beiron&Code

Code1

Code2

Code3

Code4

NA1

NA2

NA3

NB1

NB2

NB3

North1

North2

North3

North Alexia

NorthBeiron

The Cabin

True North

Schematic:
Below is a picture of the original concept along with the compass like map I created and modeled this work after-

No comments:

Post a Comment